3 Surprising ways to use Salsa! And a GiveawayGeneral, Reviews/Giveaways — By Shannon Schmid on May 28, 2012 at 5:43 pm
I recently got an inside look at the creative minds behind Wholly Guacamole & Salsa. And I also got to meet Don Bowden, the man that started the whole thing in his kitchen in Keller, TX! A real southern gent
What surprised me the most? I always think of salsa as something to pull out when there are chips around. But the Wholly Guacomole team introduced me to 3 new ways to use salsa, I would NEVER have come up with! Behold!
Idea #1- Use salsa on appetizers…
Island Mango Shrimp Recipe:
(Grilled butter poached shrimp served over spring mix salad, drizzled with red pepper mango salsa)
1. Melt clarified butter in sauté pan over med heat. Add shrimp (uncooked, deveined until the shrimp turns pink on both sides.)
2. Skewer shrimp with small wooden skewers. Use the flat end of the skewer to poke small hole in a “Water thin Fine Wafer Cracker” for an amazing looking appetizer.
Tip #2- You can pull Fruit salsa through angel hair pasta as an “Island” inspired sauce!
1. Use egg based angel hair, cook al dente.
2. Spoon warmed up pineapple Wholly salsa over the pasta!
3. Add cherry tomatoes and parsley for added flavor and presentation- butter poached shrimp would be a great protein addition!
Tip #3- You can use SALSA in dessert! Who knew?!
1. Warm up Pineapple or Mango Wholly salsa in the microwave.
2. Drizzle it over cold vanilla bean ice cream, top with whip cream! DIVINE!!
Want to win all of the new salsa flavors Wholly salsa just launched for summer 2012, plus more? Enter below!