Fairy Jar!All Crafts, Crafts, General, Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, Summer — By Shannon Schmid on April 1, 2013 at 11:45 am
My daughter loves anything that glows, which is why making a “Fairy Jar” is a huge hit with her. It’s a huge hit with me – because I can make one for under $1!
It’s a fun afternoon activity (just like chalk Art!) that costs me next to nothing, but gets rave reviews from my preschooler. Win win!
To make a Fairy Jar for less than a $1 – you will need:
- A couple thin glow bracelets, or easily cut glow sticks
- A jar that is clear (Mason Jars work great!)
- Some glitter
- That’s it.
- For real.
- I’m serious.
Fairy Jar Directions? Here is a video showing how we make ours!
Some Ideas on what to do with your Glow Jar:
- Use it during a camp out to illuminate the path to your tent!
- Suspend lots of glow jars in trees at an outdoor wedding or party for a festive & ethereal atmosphere!
- Use it as a disposable nightlight!
- As part of a centerpiece for a night time party!
- As an alternative to sparklers on New Years or 4th of July!
- Hide several outside for a nighttime scavenger hunt!