How to make Buffalo Cauliflower!General, Recipes, Video Blogs, Video Tutorials — By Shannon Schmid on June 2, 2014 at 5:06 pm
I’m about to blow our mind. Are you sitting down? I love the crunch and spice of Buffalo wings, and I’d been seeing different recipes for Buffalo Cauliflower around the web – but how could that compare? I wasn’t sure I could believe it. But I jiggered with my favorite parts of different recipes, and settled on what I think is a Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe I will be making for years to come!
- 1 head cauliflower; chopped into medium size pieces
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of salt (Larger granules like Himalayan or Kosher preferred)
- 2 Pinches of garlic powder (granulated)
- Non-stick spray
- ***For Sauce***
- 1 tsp. Earth Balance butter substitute; melted (Or butter if you prefer)
- ½ cup Sriracha Sauce or Frank’s Red Hot sauce, or – whatever hot sauce your family enjoys!
- Preheat your oven to 450F.
- In a small bowl, combine your brown rice flour, water, garlic powder & salt. Whisk together.
- Dip cauliflower pieces in the batter until coated, then place on a lightly greased or sprayed, non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the batter hardens, then flip with a spatula and bake for another 5 or 6 minutes.
- Whisk together SrirachaSauce or Frank’s Red Hot sauce and Earth Balance butter substitute, or butter if you chose that instead, in a small bowl.
- When the cauliflower is finished, use a pastry brush and brush each piece of cauliflower with the hot sauce mixture.
- Bake coated cauliflower for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until cauliflower is nice and crispy.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cauliflower bites set out for at least 20 minutes before serving. Serve with Ranch dipping sauce if you like!
- Some recipes use milk in the batter, water seems to work better
- If you like less spice add some water to your sauce and put less on the cauliflower
- These are diving dipped in Ranch!
- Keep and eye on the cauliflower, you dont want it to burn. Just lightly roast.